Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, simple yellow jasmine rice & "peas". One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple Yellow Jasmine Rice & "Peas" is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Simple Yellow Jasmine Rice & "Peas" is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have simple yellow jasmine rice & "peas" using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Yellow Jasmine Rice & "Peas":
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon butter + 1 Tablespoon oil
- Prepare 1/2 a medium onion, minced
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- Get 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- Get 2 cups Jasmine rice
- Prepare 1 cup coconut milk (remember to shake it well in the can so all the solids incorporate with the liquid)
- Make ready 2.5-2 +2/3 cup unsalted chicken or vegetable stock (depending on how dry/wet you like your rice)
- Make ready 1-1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Make ready 1 (15 oz.) can beans of choice rinsed and well drained (don't get the unsalted for this recipe)
- Take optional: 2 sprigs thyme, 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chili (pierced in several spots if you like more heat), 1/2 teaspoon allspice
Instructions to make Simple Yellow Jasmine Rice & "Peas":
- In a pot or large saucepan, melt the butter with the oil over a medium heat then add onion and garlic and sweat until the onions are translucent - maybe 3 to 4 minutes. Add the turmeric to the onions and garlic and stir to combine. (If you're going to add the optional flavorings, this would be the time.)
- Add the rice to the mixture and stir to combine. Toast the rice for 4 or 5 minutes in the pot, stirring occasionally to redistribute the grains on the top to the surface of the pan. You'll see the grains begin to turn opaque from the toasting. This process not only gives the rice a toastier flavor, but it also helps the individual grains retain their shape and texture.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and stir to incorporate the liquid throughout the rice. Bring the heat up to medium high and bring to a gentle boil for about 2 minutes.
- At that point, bring the heat down to just slightly higher than low and cover, lid slightly askew, until almost all the liquid is absorbed by the rice, and only the slightest bit of moisture is showing on the top.
- Pour the beans in an even layer over the top, put the lid back on slightly askew, and continue to steam the rice until 5 minutes after all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 5 to 10 minutes (and not much more) before fluffing the rice with a broad spoon or spatula while incorporating the beans as evenly as you can into it.
- Enjoy alongside some finger lickin' Jerk Chicken or some hearty and delicious oxtail stew.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food simple yellow jasmine rice & "peas" recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!