Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys plum jam with add-in variations gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Plum Jam with Add-In Variations GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Vickys Plum Jam with Add-In Variations GF DF EF SF NF is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vickys plum jam with add-in variations gf df ef sf nf using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Plum Jam with Add-In Variations GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get 1350 grams plums (3 lbs)
- Prepare 425 ml water
- Make ready 1350 grams white granulated sugar (3 lbs)
Steps to make Vickys Plum Jam with Add-In Variations GF DF EF SF NF:
- Wash and halve the plums leaving the stones in. I like to crack some open and add some of the kernels found inside them here. The stones also contain pectin which helps the jam set. We'll skim the jam later so don't worry about leaving the skin on and stones in
- Put the plums, kernels and water in a pan and simmer for around half an hour until the fruit is soft and liquid has reduced a bit
- Add the sugar and keep stirring well to dissolve. Boil rapidly until the setting point is reached, skimming the top as required to remove the stones and skin
- To check the setting point, pour a teaspoon of the jam onto a cold plate. If the jam wrinkles when you push it along with your finger, that's it ready. If not, keep boiling but check again in a few minutes
- Have sterilised jars ready.Wash them in hot, soapy water then put them in the oven on the lowest setting for 15 minutes. Pour the jam while still hot into the warm jars. Fill to a half cm from the top. Put a circle of wax paper on top, then a dampened piece of cellophane held in place with an elastic band if you don't have a lid. Otherwise just the wax paper and lid.
- Label with the date. Makes around 2kg / 5lbs of jam
- Variations: Add 12 tsp ground ginger or 1/2 tsp of dried lavender flowers (or to taste). Try swapping out half of the plums for apples. Swap half of the plums for 450g / 1lb figs, the zest and juice of 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a tsp each ground cloves and ground cinnamon (reduce water by half). For a lovely autumn/winter spiced plum jam like shown in this photo, add 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground nutmeg
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vickys plum jam with add-in variations gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!