Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, teriyaki beef donburi. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Teriyaki Beef Donburi is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Teriyaki Beef Donburi is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have teriyaki beef donburi using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Teriyaki Beef Donburi:
- Prepare 250 g white/wild rice blend, precooked and set aside,
- Take 160 g medallion beef steak,
- Take 1 tbsp decent Teriyaki sauce, I used Lee Kum Lee brand,
- Get Half a carrot, cut into very thin long batons,
- Get Half a green bell pepper, cut into thin long batons,
- Get Half a Pak choi, very ends of white stalks trimmed off,
- Make ready Half a red chilli cut into thin rings, seeds removed,
- Get 1 spring onion, chopped finely,
- Get 1 tsp nigella seeds, (to garnish),
- Prepare 1 tbsp light soy sauce,
- Make ready Salt to season,
- Prepare 1 dash water, plus a bowl of cold water,
- Prepare 1 tbsp cornflour
- Make ready Spray coconut oil
Instructions to make Teriyaki Beef Donburi:
- First prep the beef by laying some cling film over it on a chopping board then smashing it thinner using either a rolling pin or mallet. Using a really sharp knife, and working against the grain of the meat, slice it into thin slices holding the blade at a 45 degree angle. Trim off any fat.
- Create a slurry by combining the cornflour with a bowl of cold water and then lay the beef strips into it so they're submerged fully. Set aside and leave for 30 minutes. This process will tenderise the meat.
- Boil some water and add it to a small-medium saucepan and add the Pak choi to blanche it gently. Heat a wok over a high heat and spray the base liberally with Coconut oil. Once nice and hot add in the beef strips and the whites of the spring onion plus half of the red chilli. Stir fry until the juices of the meat come out and the excess cornflour which will thicken and coat the beef lightly. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Next add in the light soy and fry for 30 seconds whilst stirring. Add a dash of water in and turn the heat down slightly and bring to a simmer. Once the water has reduced by half add in 1/2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and toss to coat the beef. Turn off the heat and leave to keep warm whilst you assemble the donburi. Remove the Pak choi from the hot water and pat dry gently with kitchen towel.
- First add in the cooked rice, then the Pak choi on the side, followed by the pepper and carrots. Add the other 1/2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce to the warm beef in the wok now and toss together again to glaze the meat. Add the beef to the centre middle of the bowl. Scatter over the spring onion greens, red chilli and garnish with a few nigella seeds. Eat and enjoy! :)
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food teriyaki beef donburi recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!