Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cold savoury egg custard. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook cold savoury egg custard using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cold Savoury Egg Custard:
- Prepare 4 large Eggs
- Take *Note: The ratio of the volume of Eggs : Soup is 1 : 1.5. If the volume of 4 Eggs is 200ml, you would need 300ml Soup. 4 large Eggs would be about 200ml
- Get Clear Soup
- Make ready *Note: Use 300ml of this soup to mix with Eggs, and use 100ml to make sauce
- Take 400 ml Dashi Stock *OR 400ml Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce *plus extra, see Step 2
- Take 1 teaspoon Mirin
Instructions to make Cold Savoury Egg Custard:
- Make Clear Soup. Heat Dashi Stock in a saucepan and season with Salt, Soy Sauce and Mirin. Transfer 300ml to a measuring jug, and allow it cool slightly while you are preparing Eggs and equipments.
- Add extra 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce to the remaining soup. This will be the sauce. Transfer to a small bowl. When it is cool, chill in the fridge.
- Whisk Eggs in a mixing bowl, and add slightly cooled (but still quite hot) 300ml Soup gradually, a small amount at a time, and mix well. *Note: This way you can make warm mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture through a fine strainer such as tea strainer into 4 heat-proof cups or ramekins.
- Heat the steamer and bring the water to the boil. *Note: Today I used a pot and a flat steamer rack.
- Reduce the heat to LOW, carefully place the cups or ramekins in the steamer, cover with the lid wrapped with a tea towel, then cook with gentle steam for 6 minutes. Keep the lid on, and leave in the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
- *Note: If the steam was too strong, the egg mixture would bubble up. To achieve smooth silky texture, steam gently, and cook with remaining heat.
- When cool enough, place in the fridge to chill. Pour the chilled sauce over before serve. *Note: Grated Yuzu Rind would be a great additional topping.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cold savoury egg custard recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!