Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vickys scottish beef stew & suet doughballs gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Scottish Beef Stew & Suet Doughballs GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Vickys Scottish Beef Stew & Suet Doughballs GF DF EF SF NF is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vickys scottish beef stew & suet doughballs gf df ef sf nf using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Scottish Beef Stew & Suet Doughballs GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 500 grams lean braising steak, diced
- Make ready 2 onions, diced or sliced
- Make ready 2 carrots, diced or sliced
- Make ready 2 large handfuls of peas
- Make ready 500 ml beef stock
- Make ready 1 clove chopped garlic
- Make ready 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- Take 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce, see below for a gluten-free recipe
- Take 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Make ready 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Get 2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with a little cold water
- Take salt & pepper
- Prepare 2 stick chopped celery (optional)
- Get 1 diced green sweet pepper (optional)
- Take Doughballs/Dumplings
- Get 100 grams self raising gf flour
- Make ready 50 grams shredded suet
- Take 1 pinch each salt & pepper
- Prepare 5 tbsp or enough water to combine
Instructions to make Vickys Scottish Beef Stew & Suet Doughballs GF DF EF SF NF:
- Put all the casserole ingredients apart from the cornflour in a large ovenproof dish with a lid and combine well. Let it sit for a few hours to soften and marinate the meat
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F
- Put the dish in the oven. Total cooking time is 1 hr 45 minutes but you need to take the dish out and add the doughballs after an hour and 25 minutes
- To make the doughballs, combine the dry ingredients and add just enough water to make a stiff dough
- Split the dough into 8 and form into balls with floured hands. They'll expand in the oven
- Take the casserole from the oven after 1 hr and 25 minutes. Place the doughballs on top of it and replace the lid. Put back in the oven for the remaining 20 minutes. If you like them crispy on top leave the lid off
- When done, remove the bay leaf and thicken the gravy by stirring in the cornflour & water mixture. Serve with mashed potato. The doughballs should be fluffy and suck up the gravy from the stew
- You can flavour the doughballs with rosemary, parsley or thyme if you like. My grannie made the best doughballs, we would fight over them lol
You must include some superfoods in your diet each day. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you have to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. Green living equips you with a great eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food vickys scottish beef stew & suet doughballs gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!