Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, orange marmalade. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Orange Marmalade is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Orange Marmalade is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook orange marmalade using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Orange Marmalade:
- Take 1 kg oranges
- Prepare 2-3 lemons
- Prepare 1.8 kg sugar
- Take 2.25 litres water
- Get You will need:A large solid pan or preserving pan, 6 jam jars, some gauze or muslin, and a couple of saucers in the fridge (for testing when the marmalade is done)
Steps to make Orange Marmalade:
- Put the water in the preserving pan. Cut the oranges and lemons in half.
- Place gauze over a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from the fruit and place any pips and pith on the gauze (you will need these to help the marmalade set). Put the juices in the pan with the water.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the orange peel into thin shreds. any more pips and pith should be separated and added to the gauze.
- Tie up the pips in the gauze so that they won’t leak out - it will look like a little bag. tie the bag to the side of the pan so it is in the mixture. (you can use string but I just cut the top of the gauze to make a tie).
- Simmer for about 1.5-2 hours until the peel is soft. Test by cooling a piece and squeezing with finger and thumb.
- Remove the gauze bag to a small bowl to cool. Do not open or throw away. Pour the sugar into the pan and stir on low heat to make sure all the sugar dissolves before you go to the next step. Do not start boiling until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes. Hold the the gauze bag over the pan and squeeze to extract the remaining sticky pectin -this helps with setting.Take care as the pan contents will be very hot.
- Get ready to test the marmalade with the cold saucers in the fridge. The marmalade is at setting point when a small spoonful of hot mixture on a cold saucer starts to ‘ crinkle’. For me this was at about 20 minutes.
- Cool The marmalade mixture for 15-20 minutes. Warm your clean jam jars in a low oven(100 degrees C) for about 10 minutes and then add the marmalade - I used a ladle. Cover with some greaseproof paper and put the lid on while still warm. Leave to cool and store.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food orange marmalade recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!