Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, yankee pot roast. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Yankee Pot Roast is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Yankee Pot Roast is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook yankee pot roast using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Yankee Pot Roast:
- Get 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 chuck roast (2-3 lbs.)
- Prepare Dash salt and black pepper
- Get 1 tsp. paprika
- Get 1 tsp. thyme
- Prepare 2 cups beef broth
- Take 1 cup red wine
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Take 1 sprig rosemary
- Prepare 1 medium onion, cut into wedges (8 pieces)
- Make ready 1 lb. medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Prepare 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Get 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. clove (grated or powdered)
- Take 1/2 tsp. allspice (ground or powdered)
- Take 1/4 cup Marsala wine (optional)
- Take 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Make ready 8 oz. large mushrooms, halved or quartered
Instructions to make Yankee Pot Roast:
- Preheat oven 325˚.
- Heat a large pot or heavy skillet over medium-high heat with cooking oil. Season the roast with the dried herbs and then sear the meat in the hot oiled pan for 5 minutes per side
- Place the meat in a heavy Dutch-oven pot and add the broth, wine, and the bay leaf. Add all the onions and a small sampling of carrots and celery. [The main vegetables will be added in later]
- Cover the pot and place in a heated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and drain off about 2 cups of the pot juices into a small / medium sized pot. Add the tomato paste to the juices, stir occasionally, and heat until a slight boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. [The gravy will begin to thicken a bit] Season with salt and pepper, including some clove and ground allspice. Add the Marsala wine to taste.
- Discard the cooked carrots and celery from the large pot and add in new ones along with the bell pepper and mushrooms and the “new” gravy.
- Carefully flip the roast over and place the pot back in the oven, uncovered, and continue to cook for another 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- The pot roast is done when the vegetables (carrots & celery) are soft to the bite. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide flat noodles.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food yankee pot roast recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!