Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, curry beef pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This beef pie recipe may take a while to prepare, but the succulent meat and perfect pastry are well worth the effort. Beef and Curry Pie. by epicuriousrecipes. Individual curried beef mince pies Recipe.
Curry Beef Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Curry Beef Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have curry beef pie using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Beef Pie:
- Make ready 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Get 1 kg Chuck or Blade Steak, Diced into small pieces
- Take 1 large Brown Onion Diced
- Take 3 clove Garlic, Finely chopped
- Make ready 1 stick Celery, Finely diced
- Make ready 1 Carrot, Finely diced
- Make ready 1 tbsp Curry powder
- Get 500 ml Beef stock to cover
- Take 2 Sheets, Puff pastry
- Get 1 Beaten egg for egg wash
A pie sounds like it's a slow-cooked affair, but this warming, curried beef pie relies on using lean mince so there's not much fat to render down, and it's topped with a quick to prepare root veg mash. Stir up a fragrant beef curry to excite your tastebuds, with dishes from around the world, including keema, beef rendang and spicy red Thai meatballs. Braising the beef in the coconut milk and spice mixture allows all of the flavors to mingle — resulting in an amazingly flavorful curry. And then I made these curried beef hand pies for the KitchenAid blog.
Steps to make Curry Beef Pie:
- Heat oil in large heavy based pot.
- Brown beef in batches, remove from pot and set aside
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and gently saute for a few minutes until soft, add carrot and celery. Stir and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add beef back to pot and stir through the curry powder.
- Cover with beef stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 2 hours until most of the liquid has reduced and beef is meltingly tender. Allow to cool.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Grease a pie dish and line with pastry.
- Spoon in the cooled filling and cover with the second sheet of pastry.
- Crimp the edges to seal the pie. Poke a few holes in the top and glaze with egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
A hearty curry beef with sweet peas over rice is inexpensive, flavorful, and filling. Treat your family with this beef samosa pie made with potatoes, sweet peas and Pillsbury® pie crust - a delicious Asian dinner. Ground beef Curry aka minced curry - an easy meal with earthy and aromatic flavors made with Indian beef and potato curry(aloo gosht)- meat and potatoes cooked in spices to flavor the dry gravy. A collection of classic beef pie recipes from Great British Chefs, including pies with beef shortrib and steak and ale. I experimented with mince adding balti curry powder as I love spices, and was very pleased with the results.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food curry beef pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!