Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cebollas rojas encurtidas (ecuadorean quick pickled red onions). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cebollas rojas encurtidas (ecuadorean quick pickled red onions) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cebollas Rojas Encurtidas (Ecuadorean Quick Pickled Red Onions):
- Prepare 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/8" thick) horizontally (against the grain)
- Make ready 1.5 cups boiling water
- Make ready 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt (1 in the beginning, and then 1/2 later)
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Prepare a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
Instructions to make Cebollas Rojas Encurtidas (Ecuadorean Quick Pickled Red Onions):
- Pour the boiling water over the sliced onions, add 1 teaspoonful kosher salt, stir to mix, and let the onions sit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain all the excess liquid and add the rest of the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and lime juice and gently massage as you toss. This will help bring out that beautiful jewel tone of the red onion.
- Optional cilantro and chopped tomatoes would be added at this point, and salt adjusted if needed.
- Chill for 15 to 20 minutes before serving if you can.
- Enjoy! :)
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food cebollas rojas encurtidas (ecuadorean quick pickled red onions) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!