Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, parsnip soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have parsnip soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Parsnip Soup:
- Get 4 Parsnips
- Make ready 1/2 Onion
- Prepare 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Get 1 tbsp Butter
- Take 2 tbsp Flour
- Get 250 ml Chicken broth
- Make ready 400 ml Milk
- Prepare 100 ml Heavy cream
- Get 1 pinch Salt
- Take 1 Water
- Take 1 pinch White pepper
- Make ready 8 Peeled sweet chestnuts
- Take 1 dash Paprika powder
- Take 2 Bay leaves
Steps to make Parsnip Soup:
- Peel the parsnips and cut into 1 cm chunks. Finely chop the onion.
- Place a deep pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. Add the vegetables from Step 1 and cook over low heat until the onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and lightly stir-fry. Now add the chicken broth, a little at a time, and stir until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, and bay leaves to the pot and simmer over low heat to reduce. When the parsnips are soft, remove the pot from the heat. Use a stick blender (or a regular blender) to blend the soup. *At this point, the soup will still be very thick.
- Return the pot to low heat and gradually add water until the soup is the consistency you prefer.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper and then strain the soup. Add 2 sweet chestnuts to each bowl and pour in the soup. Sprinkle with paprika powder.
These types of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food parsnip soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!