Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, shakshuka - a middle eastern dish. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook shakshuka - a middle eastern dish using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make SHAKSHUKA - a Middle Eastern dish:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Take 1 large onion, chopped
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Get 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Take 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Get 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Get 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Take 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- Make ready 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare 5-6 large eggs
- Take 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Get As required Crusty bread or pita, for serving
Instructions to make SHAKSHUKA - a Middle Eastern dish:
- Heat oil in a skillet(over medium heat. Once heated, add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and turning translucent, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, cumin, paprika and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until nice and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes with their juices and add the cilantro. Stir, and let the mixture come to a simmer. Reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook for 5 minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
- Turn off the heat. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Use the back of a spoon to make a well near the perimeter and crack the egg directly into it. Gently spoon a bit of the tomato mixture over the whites to help contain the egg. Repeat with the remaining 4 to 5 eggs, depending on how many you can fit. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the eggs.
- Now cover the lid and keep the gas in simmer.Let the eggs get cooked.for about 10/12 mins.Keep checking in between.
- They’re done when the egg whites are an opaque white and the yolks have risen a bit but are still soft. They should still jiggle in the centers when you shimmy the pan
- Top with the grated cheese and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread on the side.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food shakshuka - a middle eastern dish recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!