Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, basundi/rabdi (milk dessert). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Basundi is a very tasty Indian dessert recipe prepared with milk, Usually in Maharashtra it is served with soft puri in marriage or other functions. This is chilled, garnished with nuts and served.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Prepare 1 litre milk
- Prepare 300 grams sweetened condensed milk
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Prepare 1/2 cup cashews cut in to small pieces
- Get 1/2 cup almonds cut in to small pieces
- Make ready 1/2 cup pistachios cut in to small pieces
- Make ready 4-5 saffron strands, soaked in lukewarm milk for 10-15 minutes
- Make ready to taste sugar
Instructions to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Add milk in a thick bottom pan, heat up and allow milk to boil in a low flame, stir the milk in between 3-4 minutes once
- Then add sweetened condensed milk in to the milk and mix together, taste the milk if required more sweet either you can add 50 grams of condensed milk or sugar
- Then milk starts to thicken, you will notice the milk solids in with creamy texture, keep on stirring the milk for 20-25 minutes
- Then add cut cashews,almonds and pistachios (save some nuts for garnishing too) to the Basundi and let it boil for another 5 more minutes and simmer to a minute and turn off the flame and then add soaked saffron strands to it mix together
- Basundi is ready to serve hot or chilled (as you like)
- If you like to serve chill then let the Basundi cools down completely, keep the Basundi in refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes then serve chill
You need to have some superfoods in your diet daily. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Next, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other essentials. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a good diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.
Very easy snack items #Basundi #rabadimalai #sweets #maruticooking ingredients milk sugar badam saffron. Basundi is a very tasty Indian dessert recipe prepared with milk, Usually in Maharashtra it is served with soft puri in marriage or other functions. Basundi is a delicious dessert made by reducing milk and sugar to a thick consistency. This is chilled, garnished with nuts and served. Traditionally basundi is made by simmering full fat milk for a long time until the milk reduces to almost half the original quantity. Enjoy this milk dessert, this festival season. Indian desserts popularly have a name for being decadently sweet, deliciously spiced and overall time-consuming. It is that part of being slow and cooking that bring about the flavours and the aroma characteristic to it. The lovely natural creaminess, pinkish color adds to the beauty of basundi. Basundi is an Indian dessert made by thickening full fat milk and flavouring it with saffron, cardamom with the addition of dry fruits. The consistency is more fluid and flowing not thick like Rabri. Rabdi is reduced milk with sugar and flavours. It is therefore very rich, creamy, sweet and can be processed to have different textures as the chef decides. Basundi is also reduced high fat milk, boiled with sugar and some almond+cardamom flavouring. But is reduced only to about half. Basudi is nothing but a reduced milk with lots of sugar and nuts in it. The flavour comes from nuts and condensed milk. Basundi is sweet thickened milk, flavored with cardamom and nutmeg, with the addition of dry fruits. This milk based delicious dessert is popular in the western part of India, specially in the states maharashtra and Gujarat. The consistency is not thick like that of Rabri, but more fluid and flowing.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!