Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mishti doi (sweet dahi/curd/yoghurt). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. Serve Mishti Doi after a delicious meal of Aloo Dum, Bengali Lucchi and Tomato Onion.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mishti doi (sweet dahi/curd/yoghurt) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt):
- Get 6 Cups Fresh & Full Cream Milk
- Make ready 1 Cup Milk Powder
- Get 1 Cup Sugar
- Take 1/2 Cup Water
- Take 1/2 Cup Hung Curd
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Sliced Pistachios (Garnish)
Instructions to make Mishti Doi (Sweet Dahi/Curd/Yoghurt):
- Boil the milk in a large vessel in one oven and then reduce the flame to low & simmer for the next 10/15 mins until the milk quantity reduces a bit, while stirring continuously so as to avoid burning at the bottom of the vessel
- In another oven, take another vessel & put in the measured sugar & water quantities & allow it to come to a boil & then, keep on stirring for another 10 mins time until the sugar caramelises completely but don’t overdo it- else, it’ll taste bitter
- Now, mix 3/4 tbsps of boiled milk to the already caramelised sugar & mix properly until all well combined
- Now, time to add in the measured milk powder to the reduced & thickened milk & keep on stirring continuously to prevent burning at the bottom of the saucepan & add into it the caramelised sugar-milk mixture & give a nice mix until all well incorporated & set aside to cool down to the lukewarm temperature
- Once it’s lukewarm, add into it the measured hung curd (well beaten) & mix well enough with a whisker now, to combine everything well enough without any lumps & pour it into any ceramic/borosilicate/terracotta/ earthen bowl/vessel/pots & cover it's mouth tightly, with an aluminium foil & then, put on it's cover
- And, now put it in a already preheated oven @180C for about 2 hrs time but put off the oven while incubating the same- it should incubate automatically in the already warm temperatures inside the oven
- Alternatively, if you want to do it without the oven- Preheat a very large vessel/saucepan on the gas oven at a high flame for about 10 mins time & then reduce it to the lowest possible heat, place a steel stand inside it & place this Mishti Doi Vessel to get well set & wrap around it a thick towel & on that put it's cover (large saucepan)
- Allow it to incubate in this way for about 2/3 hrs time & then switch off the gas stove and take it out, allow it to cool down completely & check out if it's well set by now (ideally, it should be) & then, refrigerate for at least, 2/3 hrs time before serving it chilled
- It’s best served absolutely CHILLED
Your daily diet need to include at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Moreover, you need to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Following a green living meal plan will give you exactly what you need for good health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.
Mishti Doi Recipe is a traditional Bengali dessert of delicately sweetened curd. Mild, light and extremely addictive this makes a great dessert option when entertaining guests over an Indian meal. The sweetness is lent from lightly caramelised sugar and traditionally the curd is set in earthen pots. Serve Mishti Doi after a delicious meal of Aloo Dum, Bengali Lucchi and Tomato Onion. When the milk and sugar are thoroughly mixed, add the yogurt to the mixture and stir gently to mix. Pour into the desired container and keep in a warm dark spot for the Mishti Doi to set. The best taste results are achieved by setting the Mishti Doi in an earthenware pot. mishti doi recipe bengali sweet yoghurt or curd recipe mitha dahi with step by step photo and video recipe. basically mishti doi is prepared from boiling the milk till it is reduced to half and is thickened. later caramelised sugar or jaggery is added to evaporated milk to which curd or yogurt is added as starter. after adding the starter, it left for fermentation in dry warm place which. The Best Mishti Doi Recipe: Mishti Doi, or Mithi Dahi, or sweet yogurt, is possibly the most popular and beloved sweet dish in Bengal, and arguably the state's second most important culinary export after the roshogolla. Fans of this iconic Bengali dessert—fermented set yogurt sweetened with caramelized sugar—are found all over the subcontinent, including Bangladesh, and even further afield. Do use a heavy-bottomed vessel and stir continuously to ensure that the milk does not burn. In addition, keep scraping the sides or the fat that settles there will char and give the Mishti Doi a very unpleasant taste. Add the curd (it should have live culture bacteria) to the lukewarm milk and whisk thoroughly. If you are not sure about the curd, then first try to set a regular dahi / yogurt at home. If it works then it should work for mishti doi as well. Perfect to serve Mishti Doi at a dinner party or for a weekend post-meal treat. So friends, today I'm here to share a Recipe for Mishti Doi, which is a signature Bengali sweet dish. The traditional way of making Recipe for Mishti Doi is simple but time consuming. Rich, creamy and decadent sweet yogurt with a hint of cardamom emanates a. mishti doi recipe
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mishti doi (sweet dahi/curd/yoghurt) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!