Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, rhubarb meringue pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Gradually add the flour, oats and salt and mix well. Whisk the sugar, flour, salt, egg yolks and cream; pour over rhubarb.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook rhubarb meringue pie using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb meringue pie:
- Prepare 200 g flour
- Take 125 g butter (cold)
- Make ready 1 tsp ginger
- Get 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Prepare 1 beaten egg
- Get 1 kg rhubarb, cut into chunks (mine was frozen)
- Take 1 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 1 lemon zest
- Make ready 4 egg whites
- Get 125 g sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp cornflour
Steps to make Rhubarb meringue pie:
- Rub the butter with the flour, icing sugar and ginger until the consistency is like breadcrumbs
- Add the egg and mix with your hands till it forms a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20-30mins.
- While that is chilling, toss the rhubarb, sugar and zest in a bowl and tip into an ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven at 160 for about half an hour until the rhubarb is just tender (about 15mins?) drain the water away and leave aside to cool.
- Turn the oven up to 180. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and carefully transfer it to a loose-bottom pastry tin. (Butter the tin first). Prick the base with a fork and pop back in the fridge for 20mins.
- When the base has chilled, put on top a layer of baking paper with baking beans (or dried rice/beans/lentils and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins
- When the pastry has been blind baked, discard the paper and leave to cool a bit while you make the meringue
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Then carefully tip in half the sugar, continuing to whisk. Then whisk in the cornflour and finally the rest of the sugar until it’s smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the rhubarb into the pastry case and then layer on a big dollop of meringue to cover. With the rest you can pipe it through a piping bag and pipe peaks all over the top (or just keep spooning on if you don’t have a piping bag!)
- Bake in the oven for 20-30mins until the meringue is starting to go golden
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down before taking it out of the case and cutting it!
Your daily diet have to have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, try to add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. In addition, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.
This pie has a sweet and creamy rhubarb custard filling topped with fluffy white meringue. Whisk the sugar, flour, salt, egg yolks and cream; pour over rhubarb. For crust, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour, oats and salt and mix well. I would like to say that my father is incorruptible. And I think essentially he is, perhaps with the one exception being if there is rhubarb involved. In which case you don't even have to proactively bribe him. Just mention the idea that you are making a rhubarb pie and don't be surprised. Remove pie crust from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Place pie crust into pie pan and poke bottom and sides with a fork. Meringue: Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until quite stiff. And then the whole shebang is topped off with meringue. And since we make this pie a couple of times during rhubarb season, I have been experimenting with it a bit. I regularly switch between the recommended white sugar and brown sugar for the crust and the meringue. Rhubarb filling baked in a pie crust with meringue on top. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Whizz with a stick blender or mini. This version of Rhubarb Meringue Pie is a delightful dessert to enjoy. I was surprised how the pie was incredibly melting in your mouth and the meringue over the top is lightly crisp. There is a nice balance between acidity and sweetness.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rhubarb meringue pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!