Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, blueberry pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Making blueberry pie from scratch is much easier than you might think. Classic blueberry pie gets an extra note of zing from the juice and zest of a lemon and is wrapped in a flakey butter crust that's nearly foolproof.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook blueberry pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Blueberry Pie:
- Make ready For the pastry:
- Take 375 g gluten free plain flour
- Make ready 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Make ready 90 g icing sugar
- Make ready 150 g dairy free spread
- Get 3 egg yolks (retain the egg whites for brushing the pastry)
- Prepare 10 tablespoons ice cold water
- Take cinnamon and sugar for dusting the top of the pastry
- Take For the blueberry filling:
- Make ready 800 g blueberries
- Make ready 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Make ready 180 g caster sugar
- Make ready 60 g gluten free plain flour
- Prepare 15 g dairy free spread
Steps to make Blueberry Pie:
- Combine the gluten free flour, cornflour, xanthan gum and icing sugar in a large bowl - Rub in the dairy free spread until it resembles breadcrumbs - Mix in the egg yolks and water until the dough forms a ball - Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC - Divide the pasty in half - Roll out one of the pastry balls and line a 9″ deep pie dish with the pastry sheet - Bake the pastry blind (weighed down with baking beans) for ten minutes
- Remove the beans and brush with the egg white - Bake for another 5 minutes
- Make the pie filling by mixing together the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and flour - Mix until well combined then place in the pastry case - Roll out the remaining pastry ball and place over the blueberry mix
- Make a split in the middle of the pan or cut out some little shapes to allow the steam to escape during cooking - Brush with the egg white - Dust the top with a little caster sugar and cinnamon
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes - Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
They neutralize free radicals, protect your heart, improve your vision, and protect against degenerative brain diseases. Classic blueberry pie gets an extra note of zing from the juice and zest of a lemon and is wrapped in a flakey butter crust that's nearly foolproof. Delicious blueberry pie made with a combination of fresh and cooked blueberries and a. Making blueberry pie from scratch is much easier than you might think. We're showing you how to make blueberry pie with fresh (or frozen) blueberries, warm spices, lemon, and an easy lattice crust. And since Father's Day is around the corner, I made homemade blueberry pie, his And he said it was "simply the best blueberry pie" he's ever had. (Hi Dad I know you're reading. Blueberry pie is a pie with a blueberry filling. Blueberry pie is considered one of the easiest pies to make because it does not require pitting or peeling of fruit. It usually has a top and bottom crust. The top crust can be a circular crust but the pie can also have a crumble crust or no top crust at all. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over blueberry mixture. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over blueberries. This blueberry pie is probably the best I have ever tasted. I hope you will enjoy it, too! This blueberry pie recipe is a perfectly simple dessert. Spoon blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust. If it's not literally bursting with blueberries, it's not worth it. Get the recipe from She Blueberry Peach Pie. Blend two summer fruits into one sweet and juicy pie. Try the reduced sugar recipe for Blueberry Pie Recipe with Truvia Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food blueberry pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!