Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, gyoza wrappers. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook gyoza wrappers using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Gyoza Wrappers:
- Prepare 2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp kosher/sea salt
- Get 1/2 cup water (Just boiled, should be around 120-150 ml, plus more if necessary; As different brands of flour will absorb water differently, please adjust the amount of water if necessary.)
- Get potato starch/cornstarch (for dusting)
Instructions to make Gyoza Wrappers:
- Before you start, you need to accurately measure flour. If you don’t have a kitchen scale (I highly recommend getting one), stir the flour in the bowl, scoop it up with a spoon, sprinkle into the 1-cup measuring cup, and level off the top. Put the flour into a medium bowl. The amount of flour should be close to standard 4.25 oz (120 g) per cup.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add salt to just-boiled water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add the just-boiled water into the flour little by little, stirring with a rubber spatula. You will eventually need to use your hands to form the dough into a ball. If the flour is still separated, add ½ Tbsp water at a time till you can form the texture into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the texture of the dough will be much smoother. Cut the dough in half.
- Shape each half into a long log, about 1½ inches in diameter (it doesn't have to be perfect if you’re going to use a cookie-cutter later). Wrap each log with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough. Sprinkle a little potato starch on the work surface and cut each log crosswise into about 12 pieces (may vary depending on the log length and width). Since we’ll be using a cookie cutter, don’t worry if each piece of dough has a slightly different size.
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel at all time to prevent from drying. For each piece of dough into a ball shape. Press the ball onto the work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough, but DO NOT roll out (flatten) the TOP and BOTTOM edge. This is a trick to make a nice round shape.
- Rotate the dough 90 degrees and repeat rolling the dough to make a nice round shape. Try to roll out the dough to a thin circle. If the dough is hard to roll out or shrinks back, let the dough rest a bit to relax the gluten.
- If you want a perfectly round shape for your wrappers, press down the 3-inch (8 cm) cookie cutter and remove excess dough. If the dough rolls back, leave it for a few seconds, and cut out. Cover the scraps with the damp towel. Later combine all the scraps as long as they still squish together and haven’t dried out too much. Re-roll the scraps and repeat the process.
- Sprinkle each wrapper with potato starch and stack the gyoza wrappers. Make sure to the wrappers covered with damp kitchen towel. Once all the dough is used, wrap the gyoza wrappers with plastic wrap and freeze or refrigerate until you’re ready to use. You can keep gyoza wrappers for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to a month in freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator prior to use.
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you try this recipe!
See to it that you add these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you should have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. Observing a green living diet plan will give you exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food gyoza wrappers recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!